Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Home for the Holidays!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I have been sidetracked with sugar cookies and presents!

The last time we talked it was Tuesday, December 21 and I had gotten up early to go for a short run.

It was a hard run, I felt sluggish and ugh-gy.  Just overall a nasty morning.  My joints felt pretty ok, but my muscles were screaming.  I did have my new racers on - but I think my muscles are just rebelling on principle.

But then I FINALLY uploaded my Garmin and found something awesome out!  I only ran 1.88 miles - meh - not too bad.  My average pace was only 15:35/mile overall - but my running pace was ridiculous

11:28/mile

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Ok - so it was only 1.36 miles at that pace with some insanely slow walk breaks in between - but damn!

The rest of the day was spent driving to Port Aransas for a meeting, having the meeting, and driving back.  Ugh!  Wednesday was a busy day with closing up a few projects at work and taking the terrible twosome up to Houston for the Christmas season.

Thursday was my return to running.


That's right - a comic book, a gun book, an iPhone and some water - I'm in Heaven!

Except I really wasn't!

I was only able to run just over a mile on Thursday.  Everything hurt - my calves, my ankles, my freakin HIP, even my left glute was cranky.  Holy hell!

But I finished the mile was an overall pace of 13:24/mile and I had to take a couple of walking breaks.  So still pretty quick - even in the pain!

Damn!

And then I limped around the house for a while.  

I decided to take my Saturday run off in order to try and heal up whatever is causing me this amount of pain.  I also decided to take the advice of EVERYONE and stop wearing stilettos.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I went shopping with The Boy and found a cute pair of black flats so that I can still wear cute shoes and not be damaging my muscles.  Who knew that in my closet of over 150 pairs of shoes I wouldn't have a single pair of flats!  WTF!

But I do now!

Go team go - new shoes!

  

6 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for getting some flats! Now you have an excuse to do some major shoe shopping -- one pair is clearly not enough. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I know - if I have 10 pairs of stilettos I should have at least that in flats!

    I smell at trip to DSW coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I had lots to say .... but this totally nutso customer is at our front counter whining about her water bill. I think she might not have any teeth. I'm really not sure. I've learned her life story and I just don't really care about it. But she is talking so damn loud that I can't concentrate on anything. Oh dammit, we almost made eye contact. Eek!


    Yeah, so anyway... your blog ;)

    That pain part SUCKS!! I had to take off a day because everything on my left was hurting. Why does it do this to us??? NOT. FAIR. !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am going to start a boycott on pain

    Hell No - Pain Must Go!!


    Oh - and we get a lot of no-teethers here in the South!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hell No Pain Must Go! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smell a sign coming on! Big banners held during our training runs, even your cranky running "friend" will have one for you . . .

    ReplyDelete