Thursday, December 30, 2010

I am Not a Grown Up

I think this is a fair assessment of my life.

The mustache says - DO IT!

I find Icees to be the end-game of any fight or bad mood.  I love cartoons.  I enjoy goofy tee-shirts.  I have under-roos.  I feel that "nu-uh" is an acceptable rebuttal during a discussion.  I sleep with a teddy bear.  I collect and read comic books.  

But sometimes you have to be an adult, suck it up, and get the job done.

Today was one of those days.

I took Tuesday off to mend from Monday.  Ugh!  

So today I was faced with a choice - go run in a torrential downpour and wind up swimming home - or get on the dreadmill.

The lightening and thunder made my choice for me - and on to the treadmill I hopped.  

But this time - I came prepared.

I wanted to get in at least 2 miles - that was all - I am still having an insane amount of pain down my left hip - so all I wanted to do was a little bit to keep limber and running - and then I could relax with a cookie.

This was my plan.

But today instead of music - I had this:


That's right - I downloaded Twilight: Eclipse and watched Bella Swan complain her way into the hearts of two men.  Both of which are HOT - but one is sinful!

It really helped the time just FLY right past!

In the end my Garmin said I did 2.57 miles in just over 30 minutes with a pace of 11:47/mile.  My run times were pretty quick at 10:26/mile, and I only walked about 0.50 miles of that run. 

Not bad.

I am still worried that maybe my foot pod for the Garmin isn't set right because I find it hard to believe that I am moving that quickly, but then again I did a run last Tuesday outside where my running pace was 11:28/mile.

Meh - I don't know!

I am thinking of taking tomorrow off again - but also thinking of bathing in Tiger Balm - I bet it will help me smell all sexy for The Boy!  

Ugh!

Go team go - DO IT! 



4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through the run for the bling of it blog.
    Have a fantastic 2011 year in training!

    Love the boy pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! Thanks for stopping by!

    I found your blog too! Looking forward to reading more from ya!

    Enjoy your runs this year -B

    ReplyDelete