Monday, December 20, 2010

Painful Run - Part Two!

Last Wednesday I went for a run - and it sucked!  I ran just under 1.4 miles and hated almost every second of the run.

And as painful as it was - I decided to try again the following day - because why not!

I put KT tape on my left ankle, a brace on my right ankle, pulled on my Newtons - and left the house.

How's that for awesomeness??!!


I wound up limping and cussing somewhere around 1.5 miles.  I was so angry at myself - ugh!!!!

But I did learn that I cannot run in a brace anymore.  They are too thick and pinch in the shoe - KT tape is the only way to go!  That and tequila.

Just kidding.

But in the end I ran for 34:24 and made it a total of 2.36 miles with an average pace of 14:36/mile.  My runs were fairly quick with an average 11:28/mile - but my walk were crazy slow due to the limping.

And this is how I looked when I got home -

Ick - another crappy run

But another run completed so - meh

Go team go - where's the Aleve??


3 comments:

  1. I hate to sound like a nag, but if your feet are hurting that much, maybe you should have them checked out instead of continuing trying to run in that much pain? At least they could tell you if it's something you can push through, or if there's something more serious going on. Just saying... I don't want you to end up missing out on Orlando!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with KT tape - how does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I will be in Orlando and do the damn thing - even if I have to complete it on my crutches!

    Ronda - http://www.kttape.com/

    It is fabulous! Not tight like the white tape of old. It flexes with your skin, but gives support. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete