Monday, January 24, 2011

Left Overs and Monday Blahs

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!

I slept worth crap last night - tossing and turning - hot and cold - up peeing every hour - UGH!

I crawled out of bed around 0600 and dressed for work.  I made sure to layer my new Spamalot hoodie over my green cashmere sweater.  I thought it would put a little fun in the work day.

Turns out - I would need it!

I had to restart and hard reset my computer 4 times in less than 4 hours.  My CPU has been acting up for well over 2 weeks now - slowing down my productivity and just ticking me off overall!  I have been arguing with IT that it is related to a new motherboard install that occurred just over 2 weeks ago, but keep being told it is all a coincidence.

Gotcha.

To top it off the weather BLOWS!  Cold and rainy.  Ugly.

I finally called my boss around lunch time and asked if I could pack my files up and go home to work on a computer that actually worked.  He let me go on home to de-stress and get some work done.

My hope is that the IT guy coming tomorrow can be able to fix the machine, but I know he is going to take the computer with him when he returns to headquarters Wednesday.  We both hope that he can pull it apart and find the little gremlin that is terrorizing my poor ballistic armoured laptop.

Seriously.

Ballistic armour.

So my day didn't go quite a planned.

Dinner was super fabulous leftovers.  It seems that with hormones and Girl's Weekend comes lots of takeout!

And some of this:


What!!!

It could be considered a leftover - there was only a wee bit left and no one would want this to go bad would they??!!!

But I should say that there was something uplifting today.


I started my 100 Pushups and 200 Situps apps this evening, and I can already tell you that I am going to hate these!

Today I got in 15 pushups and 67 situps according to my schedule.  And it has programed reminders so that I can do this all over again on Wednesday.

Also today - 30 minutes of resting and relaxing yoga.  It is about the only damn thing that doesn't hurt my left hip right.

I am seriously worried about the Disney Princess half!

I haven't run since the 10K in the state park a few weeks ago and things have just not gotten any better since then.  I tried to go for a leisurely walk on Saturday, and it still hurt!

I think I might be getting old or something.

Damn.

Oh well -

tomorrow I send off my laptop to headquarters for an overhaul, try to run 3 miles (fingers crossed), and attempt to shop for a Valentine's Day present for The Boy.

Sounds like tomorrow might be another day to not crawl out of bed.

Go team go - corpse pose

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your hip still hurts. Can you go see a PT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be time to look into that Courtney - you are right - but I just hate the idea of going back to a doctor - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) go to a doctor
    2) no, seriously, go to a doctor NOW.

    If walking hurts, you know that running isn't going to be fun. And while the Princess Half Marathon should be a blast, if you're wincing in pain with every step, it's going to be a very long, miserable 13.1 miles, and that's not the memory that you should have of that trip.

    Better to find out now what's going on while we're still 4+ weeks out. Worst case scenario, if we need to change our plans and do the Princess next year. But don't "stubborn" your way into a stress fracture or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to go with Laura on this one. Get fixed NOW because you HAVE to do the Princess this year because I said so!! ;)

    And IT is so annoying sometimes. Seriously. Like most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine Fine - I will call the doc tomorrow and see if I can get in for an appointment.

    But maybe I am just being a wussy!

    ReplyDelete