Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Guns - Tacos - Fears

I am seriously considering putting a big sign on my car that says:

I AM ARMED WITH A LETHAL WEAPON

This way maybe people won't pull out across my lane in their purple escalade and act like they have the right of way and not those that are actually driving in the lane.

If I can't have the sign I might just start waving my gun around.

That'll learn 'em!

It was a hellacious day.

Busy at work, entitled a-hole drivers, cramps, pain in my ankle, hurt feelings between friends, and soon - surgery.

So to make things better today there was some of this:

And this:

Sorry - my tacos were so good they were gone before I could take a picture if them!!

And Friday - final pin removal.

Technically not a big deal. I don't know why I am so nervous about it.

But I am.

Here are my fears:

1. That I won't have in 100% cotton under drawers and they will make me go commando on the operating table.

2. That I will have too much water to drink on Thursday and evacuate my bladder on the table.

3. That without polish on my toenails the surgeon will be critical of my pedicure (or lack of).

4. That they will decide I need a new ankle right then and there.

5. That I re-injure the newly empty pin holes while the bone is trying to fill in.

6. That I will fall on my crutches (again).

7. That they don't give me my pins after they take them out.

I guess that is the majority of my fears, but most of them are unfounded.

This surgery should be easy-peasy.

But for now I get to experience joint pain and female pain tied with stress pain and the pre-op lady said no Aleve!

Go team go - grrrrrrrrr

2 comments:

  1. Oohyes, you need to keep the pins!
    I'd worry about stuff like this too. Especially the bladder part. I mean I wasn't worrying, until you mentioned it.

    Okay - I'm not even going through all of this, but now I'm worried!

    You'll be fine!

    Can you bring the lethal weapon to surgery and threaten to use it if they don't give you the pins or if they let you pee yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those damn pins! They put them in my hot little hand while I was still waking up from the anesthesia.

    And thanks FF for the support!!!

    ReplyDelete