Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 Aleve and a BenGay Rub

Most people's morning start with a cup of coffee and a bagel.

I started mine with some Aleve and the rubbing of BenGay on my upper arms.  I spent forever just trying to get my bra on this morning.

Ohhhh the agony!

But once I was good and smelly I hobbled down to the car and headed to Boot Camp.

Today was kickboxing.

Now if you do a basic google search of kickboxing you will see lots of images of ladies looking like this:


I, on the other hand, looked like this poor child.


The poor instructor kept having to come back and fix my feet.

And all of this jumping!

I mean if God meant me to do jumping jacks, high knees, and jump drills - He would have put Guinness in high places.

I was a sweaty, hot mess.

And I am not ashamed to admit that a couple of times I faked a push-up just to get my breath back under me.

My favorite part about all of this is back in college I did martial arts for years - and now - I am beyond pathetic!!!

This boot camp is killing me.

I am a walking, talking monkey with Icy Hot, Ben Gay, Tiger Balm, and ice as my constant companions!


Tomorrow I train with Tony the Trainer.  Maybe by then I can move my arms.

Go team go - crap

4 comments:

  1. on the plus side, with all that menthol your sinuses must be clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent point! maybe I should stop and smell the roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Go team go - crap" .... LOVE it!

    And I'm totally just picturing you as that girl right now and the vision is hysterically awesome. I'd be way too much of a weenie to try all this stuff you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude - I wanted to cry - no joke.

    I am a big wussy - and I have no idea why I would decide to do this!!!!

    Oh well - another day of kickboxing tomorrow.

    Yay

    ReplyDelete